Banana coconut muffins
I have been making these muffins for almost two years now and the kids just love them. And my mum asked me for the recipe when I had mentioned what I was baking on Saturday. I like to pick the recipes for posting based on what people ask for.
Once I’ve tried the recipe without adding honey and it was too much of an experiment. You can make an experiment as well, try to decrease the amount of honey for each batch.
Last week I’ve even added a pinch of turmeric in as it has amazing anti-inflammatory properties.
- 3 ripe bananas, the darker the better
- 3 eggs
- 3-4 tablespoons honey, make sure it is a good quality one
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Smash the bananas in a big bowl, add eggs and all the liquid ingredients. Whisk everything together with a fork.
- In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients with coconut flour.
- Pour the dry mix into the banana mix and mix it well.
- Let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes.
- Fill in the muffin cup, I use the silicone ones.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes at 180 °C.
We usually have them in the afternoons with a cup of coffee, but they can be nice also in the morning as a quick breakfast.
What would you add to the recipe? Maybe some additional fruit would be nice. Did you try to add something? I was thinking about blueberries. I will try next time.